Howard J. Atlas, J.D., CELA, CAP selected to National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Council of Advanced Practitioners
Howard J. Atlas, principal attorney in the Atlas Law Group, has been selected to the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys’ (NAELA) Council of Advanced Practitioners (CAP). A member of CAP is an attorney who is nominated and selected by his peers to be part of the Council as a result of their commitment and contribution to their clients and the ethical high quality practice of Elder Law and Special Needs Planning. Membership in CAP represents the pinnacle of achievement that Elder Law and Special Needs attorneys strive to attain.
In order to be a CAP member, an attorney must:
- Receive peer nomination.
- Be a NAELA member for 10 consecutive years.
- Hold an AV rating under Martindale Hubbell Peer Reviews Ratings, the highest rating for ethical standards and professional ability.
- Be a NAELA Fellow or Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA), which is the only approved designation for certification by the American Bar Association, through the National Elder Law Foundation. Howard is both a CELA and Fellow of NAELA.
Howard J. Atlas, J.D., CELA, CAP named 2019 New York Super Lawyer for Ninth Consecutive Year
The Atlas Law Group is proud to announce that Howard J. Atlas was selected in an exclusive list of New York “Super Lawyers” for the ninth consecutive year. This list consists of only five percent (5%) of all attorneys in the New York metro area.
Based on peer recognition and professional achievement, the selection process to become a “Super Lawyer” includes a statewide nomination process, independent research on each candidate and peer evaluation by practice area.
The Super Lawyer selection process includes:
- A statewide survey of lawyers;
- Independent research to identify outstanding lawyers;
- Evaluation of candidates based on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement;
- A blue ribbon panel review by practice area and state; and
- A discipline check of each candidate.
Howard J. Atlas, J.D., CELA, CAP receives AV Preeminent Accreditation from Martindale Hubbell
Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Ratings is the gold standard in attorney ratings. Martindale Hubbell ratings are used to identify, evaluate, and select a lawyer with strong legal ability and high ethical standards to handle any legal issue. Howard J. Atlas obtained this prestigious AV Preeminent award after receiving exceptional reviews among his peers.
Visit Howard’s Martindale Hubbell profile here.
Howard J. Atlas, J.D., CELA, CAP – Featured in Forbes Magazine as one of America’s “Leaders In Law”
We are also pleased to announce that Howard J. Atlas was featured in the February 28, 2017 edition of Forbes Magazine and was selected as an American Leader in Law.
Read the article here.
Howard J. Atlas, J.D., CELA, CAP was quoted in an article on NextAvenue.org
Howard J. Atlas provides advice to taxpayers in the article, “5 Tips for the Disorganized Taxpayer: How experts say you can avoid the mad scramble at tax time” by Rosie Wolf Williams.