Medicaid is a joint federal and state government program that can cover the cost of medical care that may not be covered by Medicare and your private health insurance. Provided that an applicant meets both the financial and health eligibility requirements, Medicaid can cover you for long-term care at home, in an assisted living facility, or in a nursing facility.
Since the Medicaid eligibility rules are complex and confusing, there are many misconceptions about those rules. As a result of these misconceptions, often times people do not apply for Medicaid because they incorrectly believe that they are not eligible. Additionally, the Medicaid application process can be overwhelming due to the amount of personal and financial documentation that is required.
At the Atlas Law Group, we understand these concerns and help streamline the entire Medicaid application process by:
- Providing you with a practical understanding on how to obtain Medicaid assistance to help pay for homecare, assisted living, adult day care, or nursing home care.
- Working hand-in-hand with you to help you obtain the necessary personal and financial documentation required for the application.
- Completing, assembling and filing the Medicaid application and its supporting documentation with the applicable county Medicaid office.
- Communicating directly with the county Medicaid office on your behalf to finalize the application process, ensure that you not only receive coverage at the proper Medicaid-eligible pick up date, but also obtain your desired assistance.
- Working directly with the nursing home facility to help facilitate placement for your loved one into a quality health care facility.
- Dealing directly with the managed long term care company (MLTC) and licensed home care agency to ensure that your loved one receives the appropriate amount of quality home care services.
- Working hand-in-hand with you to complete the pooled-income trust application process, to ensure that your loved one’s monthly income is preserved.